MBA Healthcare Management at WGU Indiana
WGU Indiana's MBA degree program in Healthcare Management will move your career forward. The program will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to take on valued and well-compensated positions in a variety of healthcare settings. The knowledge gained from your studies will help you become an asset in the healthcare management field.
Who the program is for:
- Professionals seeking credentials to open doors in the healthcare industry.
- Experienced healthcare professionals and managers who require credentials on the road to upward career mobility.
- Individuals who can typically spend 15 or more hours per week on their studies.
Your Program of Study
In the Healthcare Management MBA program, you will learn the skills essential to your position. The program is comprised of six domains of study and a capstone project. Your curriculum’s subject areas include:
- Creating and Maintaining Business Value
- Healthcare Management
- Leading People and Teams
- Management and Strategy
- Products and Customer Relationship Management
The complete MBA program consists of 36 Competency Units (CUs; i.e., credit equivalents).
Tuition and Fees
Basic Tuition: $3,250 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)
Unlike schools that charge tuition based on credit hours, WGU Indiana focuses on the time needed to complete your entire degree rather than each course individually. WGU Indiana’s six-month terms are billed at a flat-rate tuition fee. Your tuition covers the minimum "full-time load" of eight Competency Units (CUs) for graduate students, as well as all coursework attempted in that time. WGU Indiana allows students to work at a pace that’s comfortable for which to complete a full-time course load. During each term, you may complete as many or as few competency units as you like; the same flat rate applies. The faster you complete your degree program, the more money you’ll save.
Tuition compares favorably to the rates of Indiana state universities. Our tuition is also typically half what other online universities charge. At WGU Indiana, you enjoy the cost savings of a nonprofit university.
Federal and state financial aid is available to those who qualify. Learn more about financial aid
The WGU Indiana Advantage
In partnership with the state of Indiana, WGU Indiana leverages Western Governors University’s unique, competency-based approach to education; we measure learning rather than credit hours. As a result, your progress is based on your demonstration of essential skills and knowledge in healthcare management.
As a student, you’ll receive a top-notch education through our curriculum, learning resources, mentoring, and student services provided by WGU Indiana. You will also enjoy the advantages of:
- Superior learning resources. You will have access to all of WGU Indiana’s courses of study, learning modules, e-textbooks, tutorials, and simulations as you complete your program.
- Personal support from a dedicated mentor. You will have the support of a mentor who will guide you throughout your WGU Indiana program.
- Online communities from Indiana and WGU's national student community. You will have access to WGU Indiana’s robust student community and interact with students located in Indiana and throughout the U.S.
- Flexible online degrees that fit your lifestyle. Learning can occur anywhere and at any time. WGU Indiana allows you to establish your own pace to complete your rigorous program and create a schedule that works for you.
One of the best values in Indiana higher education, at WGU Indiana you can expect to earn a relevant degree on your schedule and within your budget.
Time to Completion
WGU Indiana’s degree programs are competency-based; therefore, the time needed to complete your degree depends on your individual pace and how quickly you take and pass the required assessments. Many students progress faster than the average pace (described below) designed into each program. However, accomplishing this task isn’t easy.Standard Time to Completion: Two years.
Speak to an Enrollment Counselor for a personalized estimate of your time to completion.
WGU Indiana Admission Process
To enroll into WGU Indiana’s MBA program, you must:
- Apply for admission.
- Live in the state of Indiana and provide proof of residence.
- Possess and provide proof of earning a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- Submit a resume showing at least three years of significant professional experience.
- Complete a WGU Indiana Collegiate Readiness Assessment. This test helps determine your likelihood for success in a WGU Indiana degree program.
- Complete an Intake Interview with your Enrollment Counselor to assess whether your background is a "fit" with WGU Indiana's expectations.