B.S. Business - IT Management Degree at WGU Indiana
Our online technology management degree will help you take WGU Indiana's bachelor’s degree program in Information Technology Management will take your career to the next level. The program will provide you with the technical expertise needed to boost your career in the business management field. The knowledge gained from your studies will help you become an effective IT manager.
Who the program is for:
- Established IT professionals seeking a bachelor’s degree to advance their careers in business management.
- Experienced IT managers pursuing greater knowledge in technology advancement.
- Individuals who have completed some college coursework or have applicable work experience.
- Individuals who can typically spend 15 or more hours per week on their studies.
Your Program of Study
In this online technology management degree program, you’ll learn all the essential skills and knowledge needed. This program includes eleven domains of study and completion of a professional portfolio and capstone project.
- Accounting/Finance and Information Technology
- Business Law and Ethics
- Economics, Global Business, and Quantitative Analysis
- General Education
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- IT Management Concepts
- Marketing and Communication
- Network Fundamentals
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Systems Administration and Management
The complete B.S. program consists of 121 Competency Units (CUs; i.e., credit equivalents). However, coursework completed at other accredited institutions may waive some of your requirements. WGU Indiana will conduct a full transcript review to determine if your past education is applicable.
What You'll Earn IT Certifications:
This program incorporates several IT certification exams into the curriculum. You will study for and complete the following certification exams (which are all included in your tuition a huge cost savings for you):
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Project+
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Database Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking Fundamentals
Tuition and Fees
Basic Tuition: $2,890 per six-month term
Resource Fee: $145 per six-month term (non-refundable)
Application Fee: $65 (one time)
Unlike schools that charge tuition based on credit hours, WGU Indiana focuses on the time needed to complete your entire degree rather than each course individually. WGU Indiana’s six-month terms are billed at a flat-rate tuition fee. Your tuition covers the minimum "full-time load" of 12 Competency Units (CUs) for undergraduate students, as well as all coursework attempted in that time. WGU Indiana allows students to work at a pace that’s comfortable for which to complete a full-time course load. During each term, you may complete as many or as few competency units as you like; the same flat rate applies. The faster you complete your degree program, the more money you’ll save.
Tuition compares favorably to the rates of Indiana state universities. Our tuition is also typically half what other online universities charge. At WGU Indiana, you enjoy the cost savings of a nonprofit university.
Federal and state financial aid is available to those who qualify. Learn more about financial aid
The WGU Indiana Advantage
In partnership with the state of Indiana, WGU Indiana leverages Western Governors University’s unique, competency-based approach to education; we measure learning rather than credit hours. As a result, your progress is based on your demonstration of essential skills and knowledge in IT management.
As a student, you’ll receive a top-notch education through our curriculum, learning resources, mentoring, and student services provided by WGU Indiana. You will also enjoy the advantages of:
- Superior learning resources. You will have access to all of WGU Indiana’s courses of study, learning modules, e-textbooks, tutorials, and simulations as you complete your program.
- Personal support from a dedicated mentor. You will have the support of a mentor who will guide you throughout your WGU Indiana program.
- Online communities from Indiana and WGU's national student community. You will have access to WGU Indiana’s robust student community and interact with students located in Indiana and throughout the U.S.
- Flexible online degrees that fit your lifestyle. Learning can occur anywhere and at any time. WGU Indiana allows you to establish your own pace to complete your rigorous program and create a schedule that works for you.
One of the best values in Indiana higher education, at WGU Indiana you can expect to earn a relevant degree on your schedule and within your budget.
Time to Completion
WGU Indiana’s degree programs are competency-based; therefore, the time needed to complete your degree depends on your individual pace and how quickly you are able to take and pass the required assessments. Many students progress faster than the average pace (described below) designed into each program. However, accomplishing this task isn’t easy. Students who possess an associate’s degree or equivalent usually complete their studies within 2-2 ½ years, while those with no college experience average 4-5 years.
WGU Indiana maintains a generous credit transfer policy. Learn more about transferring credits.
Speak to an Enrollment Counselor for a personalized estimate of your time to completion.
WGU Indiana Admission Process
To enroll into WGU Indiana’s Information Technology Management bachelor’s degree program, you must:
- Apply for admission.
- Live in the state of Indiana and provide proof of residence.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete a WGU Indiana Collegiate Readiness Assessment. This test helps determine your likelihood for success in a WGU Indiana degree program.
- Complete an Intake Interview with your Enrollment Counselor to assess whether your background is a "fit" with WGU Indiana's expectations.